Shipping & Receiving does not handle mail or packages from the Post Office (USPS). For questions regarding mail or packages from the Post Office (USPS), please contact Mail Services at 209-228-6245.
Shipping Services does not insure shipments. Please contact UC Merced's Risk Services office about the availability of insurance, if required. Property Insurance
Controlled substances are to be received directly by the requestor at this time.
UC Merced Receiving Policy
UC Merced Shipping Policy
一道本不卡免费高清UCOP BUS-43, Materials Management part 3 section X paragraph A:
Please fill out a to request a shipment.
Shipping Services provides assistance for:
Non-hazardous materials to a domestic address
Restricted or hazardous materials
Shipment of Non-Hazardous Material to a Domestic Addresses
- Shipping provides a small packaging service. We do not provide crating services for large or sensitive equipment. Having Shipping pack your shipment will increase the time required to ship, depending on the availability of packing material.
- Selected common carriers are contracted to transport material and equipment at a reduced rate. This rate applies only to direct points serviced by the carriers. Current carriers are limited to Federal Express, Federal Express Ground and Federal Express Freight.
Shipment of Vendor Returns
- The initiating department must request a return goods authorization (RGA) number from the vendor before returning goods. Not all vendors use RGA numbers, but approval from the vendor should be obtained before shipment to avoid refusal of shipment. If a return is refused, the initiating department will be re-billed for the return freight costs as well as shipping costs.
- If the vendor is not supplying return tags or otherwise paying for the return shipment, the initiating department must provide shipping with an FAU number to re-bill freight costs.
- All scientific equipment being returned must be certified clean and have a completed Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) clearance tag unless the equipment is unused and in an unopened box from the vendor. All other items must be clean and in leak-free condition.
- For items being picked up by the vendor, the initiating department must contact the vendor and arrange for pick up at the shipping office. Items not picked up after five working days will be returned to the initiating department.
- Collect or C.O.D. return shipments must have prior approval from the vendor. If the shipment is refused by the vendor, the initiating department will be re-billed for the return freight costs.
- United Parcel Service or Federal Express "call tag" return items are picked up at the shipping office by the carriers.
Restricted or Hazardous Materials
- UC Merced conforms to strict government regulations when transporting hazardous materials. Please review .
- Please contact EH&S to ship any infectious substance, diagnostic specimen, dry ice or other hazardous material.
- Shipping does not process shipments of controlled substances, gas cylinders or explosives at this time.
It is the originating department's responsibility to provide all export documentation required for the shipment, including the commercial invoice. This may include such export documents as validated export licenses, carnets, NAFTA certificate of origin, shippers export declaration, etc.
We ship all international shipments via Federal Express Air. The originating department must clearly state if UC Merced or the recipient will pay for any duties, taxes or fees necessary to clear customs. This is done on the commercial invoice using the Inco terms section. DDP (deliver duty paid) means UC Merced pays all duties and fees associated with importing the material and DDU (deliver duty unpaid) means the recipient pays all duties and fees.
T: 209-228-4394| E: Receiving@net-alisveris.com
We are open to receive shipments Monday-Friday between 8:00am and 4:30pm, except University holidays & closures